Friday 5 November 2010

What? No Kardashian

I'm an outraged reader of the Daily Mail online (is there any other sort of reader of the Daily Mail online?)
For the first time since I can remember, the website has not got a story about Kim Kardashian or, indeed any of her sisters, Khloe, Kourtney and, er, Korky, Kris, Krumpelstilskin?
Surely one of them has bought a new pair of shoes, been to a party or just left the house wearing something?
I'm konsidering komplaining to the press kouncil.
--------------------------------------------------------
The Halifax Building Society is considering one of two options regarding its £25 million ad account. The first is to give it to a new agency after ten years of being with DLKW Lowe (who are a bit like Mad Men but without the style, panache, personality and, Joan) or hand it to someone else.
 The incumbents are responsible for Howard, that fat bird in the railway station murdering Aretha Franklin's Think, and Radio Halifax with some chicken necked clerk-turned-DJ singing Ice Ice Baby while her nerdy chum tries to act.
 And don't even start on the banking crisis.
 You may think the path to righteousness is clear but Confuscious, he say: Bad advertising make many memories in public mind. Better bad than boring.
 I bet they keep the same agency and continue to make adverts so bad that the ones for Go Compare look like Proust in (price) comparison.
--------------------------------------------------------
My Scouse in-laws are coming to stay for the weekend. Naturally whenever I mention this it sparks jokes about hubcaps and the like. But, although I'm supposed to be a judgemental little git, I actually like people from Liverpool. And Manchester. Not so much Leeds though.
The truth is the Solomons boys have always had an eerie attraction to girls from Merseyside.
My wife's family are from Anfield and West Derby and like all sensible Liverpudlians moved out as soon as they were able to do so.
 My little brother's ex and their two children are from Prescot (and still live there) while the middle Solly was engaged to a lass from Crosby before calling it off, marrying someone else and then getting divorced.
That's another thing about the Solomons brothers - we've kept a lot of divorce lawyers very happy through some tough economic times.
----------------------------------------------------------
As this is a new thing for me (blogging) I have decided I'm going to try and keep it football free for the most part. But I mentioned this on Facebook and would like to say again, get well soon to Danny Baker. That's one for the youngsters, as he would say.
Ahoy ahoy...Solly

2 comments:

  1. I've found that Scousers don't really do diplomacy or sublety much and tend to say it a tad too much like it is. Could this be the attraction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that Scousers tend to lack diplomacy and sublety, and say it a tad too much like it is. Could this be the attraction?

    ReplyDelete