Friday 12 November 2010

You're not unreadable you're not unbeatable

Amid the scenes of students wrecking Millbank, it was reassuring to see so many rioters hadn't forgotten basic health and safety standards and were wearing high-vis jackets. You can never be too careful.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every time I think I'm really immature I discover I'm not alone. Andy Collier has admitted he too goes 'woo hoo' when the TV continuity bloke says the next programme contains scenes of sex and violence. And Kim Skilton also sticks chopsticks up her nose and pretends to be a walrus when in a Chinese restaurant. I'm all in favour of name and shame in such circumstances. Any more examples are most welcome!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been accused of making this blog a bit blokey and honestly that's not my intention. I do consider myself a feminist. In this day and age, it's ridiculous not to be. Besides, birds love it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've closed Pizza Hut in the high street. And they've opened something called a children's lifestyle boutique across the road. No, I'm not sure either. It's not clothes (which is what I thought it would be) but brightly coloured, er, stuff.
We also have a Superdry. Superdry used to be cool (I thought) but now that every orange chav in Loughton is wearing it, that no longer appears to be the case.
Bring back Mr Byrite. You can never go wrong in a shiny suit, that's what I say.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I had to look it up but at least it fulfils one of those 'learn something new every day' mantras.
Anyhow, after all these years I finally found out the indecipherable bit of The Jags 'I Got Your Number (Written on the back of my hand).
I always thought they mumbled 'da da de beedle boo' (listen to it 30 seconds in and see what I mean).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKL7e0mdsA
But it turns out it's 'you're not unreadable, you're not unbeatable'. They really should enunciate. But it's still better than anything by anyone from X Factor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw an advert for a reunion gig by Big Country. I may be wrong but I'm sure Stuart Adamson is dead. What next, The Associates reforming?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've a little money and a takeaway curry, I'm on the way home to my wife...goodnight, Solly

1 comment:

  1. I hear the Ramones are making a comeback as well.

    ReplyDelete