Tuesday 9 November 2010

Bean flicking

Lip Service - new series all about gorgeous lesbians. How on earth could they make fail? But they did. Perhaps it was too Scottish. Perhaps it was the fact no one could act. Anyway, that was a letdown. But it means I'm going to be thinking about lesbians all night. Again.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you see a comedian called Jeff Innocent performing, then go see him. He's very funny indeed. Proper East End lad - there's not enough references to Beckton among today's public school educated stand ups if you ask me.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I've booked it. I'm going to have my eyes zapped to give me back the vision I haven't had for 40 years. They advertise it as 'from £325 per eye' except mine are so bad it's treble that. Hey ho, I've given them my deposit, there's no turning back now. If I can see, I'll blog about it when it happens in a couple of weeks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
What I love about Facebook, number 132: I asked whether new Tory MP Rory Stewart was disarmingly honest about not voting Conservative before, or whether he was just another Tim Nice-But-Dim. The general response was that he's a tosser. And all the comments came from guys I went to school with and haven't seen for 30 years. I'm so proud the old Ilford boys have turned out so reactionary - I'd have been disappointed if they had grown middle aged and boring.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I loved Adam Boulton's account of his spat with Alistair Campbell. I've had dealings with Campbell many years ago and all were good, actually. He was complimentary to me when I set up the business.
 And my missus worked for Anji Hunter and adores her. So it was hard to pick sides. Personally I thought both acted a bit unprofessionally over the Sky bust up but AC should never have then emailed Sky bosses to discipline Boulton.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents night tomorrow. So much better that the ones my parents used to go to....xx Solly

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, remember (dear departed) Jack Duckworth. When Tyrone tried to explain goings on in The Street, he had to tell Jack that Kevin's daughter was Lebanese. So now you can go to sleep thinking about Beirut. If it helps

    ReplyDelete