Thursday 4 November 2010

Awesome. People in The Guardian I've never heard of.

Continuing the theme of people I've never heard of. Yesterday I mentioned a few from the Mail Online, today, in the interests of balance because that's the kind of guy I am, here's a few names from The Guardian's culture pages that I've never heard of either. I've included a brief description of what they do, though of course I expect they are as familiar to you lot as Kim Kardashian is to people in the Nu Bar. (What do you mean, you've never heard of the Nu Bar?)

David Hoyle - performance artist
Mobb Deep - 1990s rap artist
Lucas Moodysson - Swedish director
Jennifer Lynn Barnes - wrote Raised by Wolves
Edmund Clarke - photographer
Miles Kane - Last Shadow Puppets (heard of them, not him)
Jean Adamson - children's writer
Miriam O'Reilly - former Countryfile presenter
Is the world passing me by, I wonder?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: 'Sorry, it really doesn't sound like a story. I don't think it's one for us but feel free to email it over if you must.'
The youngest sounding PR assistant I think I have ever spoken to: "Ok, awesome."
Note: Dictionary definition of awesome = that which inspires awe.
Nice to know I still have that effect on girls.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MDR is French for LOL. It stands for mort de rire (I think) which means 'die of laughing'.
You've gotta love them Frenchies. No, you really do have to love them. Apparently it's now the law since the ConDems signed the Entente Frugale. That means loving their language, their culture and, of course, their crazy cocktail drinks. After all, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Sorry.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This weekend will be interesting. Both my brothers are coming over - I don't think the three of us have been in the same room since my mum's funeral. Plus my in-laws. We must make sure we have plenty of booze. With any luck, my youngest brother is still a dopehead - if he brings his stash then I can mush some of it up and give it to my father in law and we can all escape the evening mentally unscathed.
As I now blog and therefore have absolutely no secrets or a private life any more, I will be sure to let you all know if anything happens!

adieu, a Jew, to you and you and you-oo....Solly

No comments:

Post a Comment