Thursday 18 November 2010

The Milf of Human Kindness

It's the wife's birthday in a couple of weeks so I suggested she have a few of her friends over for a sleepover.
It didn't go down as well as I thought it would.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone see John Lydon's piece in The Sun about the Royal Wedding? It was probably the best thing in the papers today and quite obviously written as Lydon said it, particularly the bit about him admiring William for being able to 'drive a helicopter.'
Hilarious.
Sign him up as a columnist. He can't be any worse than Lorraine bloody Kelly.
I'm from the generation that remembers Lydon as Johnny Rotten first time round. Particularly when John Dillon (now Daily Express chief sports writer no less) came to school with a box of 'Never Mind the Bollocks' LPs selling them for £2 each, as I recall. Don't know where he got them. We were about 14-years-old I think and it was so exciting at the time to see a rude word on a record cover.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to thank my friend Andy for forwarding the link to this blog to all his chums in the exciting world of IT contracting. Unfortunately most of them seemed to hate it and didn't think I was very funny, particularly a man with the avatar 'Stylish Masturbator.' Well I can't argue with that and I continue to welcome any feedback.
---------------------------------------------------------------
At the end of this year we will be moving my business from the cultured environs of Holborn and Covent Garden to the more 'up and coming' Bermondsey. Wherever that is. I will miss a lot about this area, such as The Mutant Arms pub next door and the occasional sight of a celebrity - I once stood behind Gary Oldman in the sandwich shop. (I once sat next to his mum on a flight to New York too but that's another story.)
I'll miss the Elite Model Agency up the road, which is visible clearly from the aforementioned Mutant Arms, and the hilarious stick insects who continually stand outside it smoking a cigarette and trying to throw up.
I'll miss the fairly new Apple store which is full of people who have no intention of buying anything but just love the store.
And I'll miss Dinos the barber who never has any customers and wears dark glasses so no one can see that he's asleep as they pass the shop, though he gives it away by lolling his head back and snoring.
 But I won't miss those tossers who paint themselves gold and stand on a beer crate in The Piazza without moving for hours on end and then expect to be paid for it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading, even IT contractors...tell your friends....Solly

No comments:

Post a Comment